Animal Collective CD Pack Competition - Terms & Conditions
EMI Music Australia
Animal Collective CD Pack Competition
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is EMI Music Australia Pty Ltd of 18 Hutchinson Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010 (Locked Bag 5002, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012) (EMI).
- Instructions on how to enter this competition form part of the conditions of this competition. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions are ineligible. In the case of a dispute regarding these terms and conditions or any other aspect of this competition, EMI’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The officers, management and employees (or immediate family of the officers, management or employees) of EMI and any of its affiliates or sub-licensees are not eligible to enter this competition. Entrants under the age of 18 must seek prior permission from their parent or guardian to enter this competition. Any such entrant without this permission is not eligible to enter this competition.
- The competition begins at 4pm (AEST) on Tuesday, 4th September 2012 and ends at 4pm (AEST) on Wednesday, September 5th 2012.
- To enter the competition, entrants must during the Competition Period go to the website https://www.theinsoundfromwayout.com/ (Website) and follow the instructions to provide the personal information requested (ie: the entrant’s name and email address), subscribe to the The In Song mailing list, and answer the question If you could live the rest of your life as an animal, what would it be and why? in 25 (twenty five) words or less. All entries will be judged at the company premises of EMI (as above) on the closing date of the Competition Period, with each entry to be individually judged based on creativity and manner of expression. The competition judges (to be nominated at EMI’s sole discretion) will select the most creative answer as the winner of the competition. For the avoidance of doubt, this competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- The winner of the competition will receive the following:
- 1x Animal Collective CD Pack: Centipede Hz, Merriweather Post Pavilion and Strawberry Jam.
(together, the Prize), valued at approximately AUD$75 (seventy dollars). For the avoidance of doubt, the winner of the competition and their companion will be responsible for any ancillary costs associated with accepting the Prize.
- The winner of the competition will be notified by email and will be posted on the Website by 12pm (AEST) on Thursday, 6th September 2012. To redeem the Prize, the winner must then contact EMI by 5pm (AEST) on Friday, 7th September 2012 in the manner specified in that email. If the winner fails to contact EMI by 5pm (AEST) on Friday, 7th September 2012 as required, the winner will no longer be eligible to receive the Prize. The Prize (and each part of the Prize) is not transferable, deferrable, exchangeable or redeemable for any other product and cannot be taken as cash.
- Each entrant warrants that their entry is their own original work and will not be obscene, offensive, defamatory or infringe any third party rights in any manner. All entries in this competition are the property of EMI and each entrant, by entering this competition, grants EMI an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide gratis licence to reproduce, publish, communicate and otherwise use their entry to the competition in any manner whatsoever including, without limitation, by reproducing and communicating that entry on the Website. EMI reserves the right to reject any entry submitted to the competition and exclude or remove any such entry from the Website.
- No responsibility will be taken by EMI or any of its affiliates or sub-licensees for any cancellation, re-scheduling or change in the dates and/or times of any events, or any other arrangements that may prevent the winner from participating in the Prize (or any part of the Prize).
Phone: +61 2 9320 3000
Mail: Locked Bag 5002, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
If you wish to update or correct any information held by EMI about you, please contact:
- Unless you select otherwise, EMI may occasionally contact you by email to inform you of new competitions or promotions being run by EMI. If you do not wish to receive marketing or other information from EMI, please click on the unsubscribe button available on information sent to you by email, reply to those emails with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line or contact EMI on the contact details above to request that your preferences be updated. EMI will then notify any relevant third parties of your updated preferences but please note that EMI will not be held responsible for a third party company’s failure to update your preferences once these have been communicated to it.
- The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files and their arrangement on these pages, the Website and in any content accessed by you in connection with this competition are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. Some are subject to copyright and/or trademark controlled by related companies. Any content accessed by you in connection with this competition is for your own personal, non-commercial, domestic use only and must not be copied, used, republished, sold, rented or otherwise distributed in any other way without the prior written consent of EMI or the relevant copyright owner. Content on EMI channels is free to view, unless otherwise stated, however you may be charged standard internet connection rates by your telephone operator and/or internet service provider.
- To the full extent permitted by the law:
(a) EMI excludes all liability for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage, and loss of opportunity, revenue, profits, goodwill or anticipated savings and any other similar or analogous loss) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition;
(b) EMI excludes all statutory or implied conditions or warranties in connection with this competition; and
(c) to the extent that EMI’s liability for any breach of any warranty implied by law in connection with this competition cannot be legally excluded, EMI limits that liability to the replacement or repair of the relevant goods or the supply of equivalent goods, or payment of the cost of replacing or repairing the relevant goods or of acquiring equivalent goods.
- EMI is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information (whether caused by an entrant or as a result of any equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition), any technical error or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition (including but not limited to any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, transmission or communications line, or network failure). EMI is also not responsible for any lost or late entries (whether caused by any technical or any other reason). All technical queries can be directed to EMI via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of EMI which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition), EMI reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this competition and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the administration of this competition.
- Use of Windows Media Player, Adobe or any other media players are subject to the terms and conditions of the companies that make them.